Grace had two days off school because of the Veteran's Day holiday on Tuesday. After the first day, I realized how much I love that Grace goes to school EVERY day. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love having Grace home. But entertaining her and keeping her out of mischief for the two days pretty much took it all out of me. She found lots of ways to keep busy (most of which included dressing Claira up), but she also started to backtalk me when I would ask her not to do something or to pick up her mess. By the end of the second day, I had had it with the backtalk so I told her that I was going to get out the "Sassy Spray" (a friend told me to put vinegar in a spray bottle to spray in your kid's mouth when they "sass" you). To this threat Grace responded, "Maybe I'll like it!" Oh No You Ditn't! (the "t" is intentional)--that was definitely a dare from her for me to follow through with my threat. I didn't have a spray bottle, but instead I used a spoon to drop a couple of drips on her tongue. She willingly stuck out her tongue, and I stuck the spoon full of vinegar on it. She looked at me, shrugged, and said "that tastes like water." I quickly glanced down at the bottle to see I had grabbed a bottle of Club Soda from my pantry instead of vinegar (which, by the way, why do I even have Club Soda in my pantry). Man, talk about stealing my thunder. I did however make a second attempt with the correct bottle, and this time it was not so yummy. After the punishment, I sent her to her room to think about how she should talk to mommy from now on. When I went up to talk to her after her thinking time was up, I found spit all over the rug. I was completely disgusted and ticked, but I learned my lesson. Next time, I will make her stand in front of me with the vinegar on her tongue for a good 20 seconds and then let her wash it off so I don't have to clean up spit after the fact. Ahhh...life's lessons we learn the hard way.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
School is one of life's great blessing!!! It's safe, free, fun, educational and a nice break from mommmy :)
Sassy spray, super idea! I think I'll have to invest in a little spray bottle myself- um, I mean if my kids ever get sassy with me ahahhaaa
Too funny. Way to follow through on your threat. I threatened to duck tape Dax and Naeve together because they wouldn't stop fighting. I didn't actually do it but now Dax is so afraid of being taped to his sister.
I may to invest in a spray bottle.
2 days we are now going on 3 weeks! Actully it has been kind of nice not rushing around in the morning. Oh yeah, I love the cowboy boots. Elena might need a little "sassy spray" as well. I would have made Elena clean up her own spit.
I love the sassy spray idea! We have resorted to putting a drop or two of tobasco sauce on our kids tongues when they tell a lie. Works like a charm!
Post a Comment