My favorite moment of the day was after they dressed me (in the bride room I might add), they took me to the Celestial Room to wait for Matt. Then after giving us a few minutes together in the Celestial Room (we were the only people in there except for the worker), they took us over to wait for the elevator to go up to the sealing room. The elevator was taking a long time to reach us as an elderly couple rode it up to the third floor then back down again. As the doors opened when it finally arrived to pick us up, we were thrilled to see Grace and Claira and my mom and the nursery workers on the elevator. We weren't expecting them to be brought up until we were already in the sealing room. I was so overcome with joy as I was able to join my girls, hold Claira, and just be together for a minute before we all went into the sealing room. After having been separated for about an hour, it was such an incredible moment to see them all dressed in white just waiting to be brought back to us. I will never forget the look of excitement and happiness on their faces when they saw mommy and daddy waiting to join them on the elevator. For me it was just a glimpse of the joy that we will each have when we are reconnected with our loved ones on the other side of the veil someday.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
A Wonderful Weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ohmygosh...what a thrill. I'm so happy for you and your - now eternal - family! Congratulations.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you - what a wonderful day it must have been - and you were sealed in our favorite Temple, too! Oakland will always be my favorite temple!
So sorry we missed the big weekend. Glad it was special and it will be a great memory for Grace to share with Claira.
So exciting! I'm so sorry we didn't make it. We were in oregon for new years and that weekend. Sounds like a most beautiful experience. What an amazing family you have!
What a tender day! Your descriptions were beautiful. I can only imagine the joy you and Matt must be feeling. Congratulations! :)
You all looked so great. Where in the world did you find a ring so small? Claira was such a good girl. Thanks for sharing your special day.
Wow! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I remember when we went with you when Grace was sealed to you. How special that she is old enough now to hopefully remember.
Post a Comment