Oh my goodness, Gracie graduated from preschool on Wednesday, June 4th! Hello-check out the cap and gown! It was pretty official with diplomas and everything! She is now heading to kindergarten in the fall, and I am in shock that my days of having her home with me are coming to an end. She has loved her preschool--the teachers, the activities, the friends! We can only hope that she has an equally incredible experience in kindergarten. The graduation was combined with a mostly Patriotic Sing-A-Long (with the exception of a few songs-one of which is the video I've included). This was truly entertainment at its best. Grace was AMAZING! She was movin' and shakin' and singing her little heart out. I had to share a little part of what we enjoyed with everyone. As you can see there was choreography and singing and costumes--does it get any better than this? We just have to give Summit Preschool and Miss Shazi a little plug--it is an awesome preschool. Grace is heading into kindergarten reading (basic words) and writing and drawing like an artist (I mean you saw the picture of Claira's tooth :) and that is just a drop in the bucket compared to the art projects she brings home from school). I just need to say Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you Gracie, and we love you!
AHH! What a beautiful girl in that official graduation gown. That's such a darling picture. Congrats to Grace! I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten this fall. She's so grown up!
Kindergarten, the next big step. Once they are in school time goes by even quicker. We are counting down the days to seeing you. Vacations don't come soon enough.
This is the story of us...Matt, Alicia, Grace, and Claira. It is the story of our fun-loving family of four and the adventures that we will share together. Our story is one that will be filled with hopes, wishes, and dreams coming true. It is our hope to create magical memories for our girls in the everyday moments of life. This blog is a way for us to document the little things in life with the understanding that someday we will look back and realize that they were the big things. With that being said welcome to the story of our happily ever after...
Alicia
The things I love and what makes me me...Matt (My patient, practical, perfect hubby of 13 years), Gracie (My fun-loving, energetic 8-year old), Claira (My simply sweet 4-year old), Shopping (self-proclaimed addict), Shoes (see shopping), Scrapbooking/Card-making (someday I will have the time for creativity), Photography (someday I will have the time to learn), Decorating (holidays or anytime), Staying up late and sleeping in (not one without the other though), and snuggling with my girls.
Matthew
Matt is the most incredible husband-he loves me for me, which isn't always easy to do. He is an amazing father who makes time for tea parties, hide and seek, and storytime. He enjoys sports of all kinds-soccer, football, basketball, running. He is quiet, humble, funny, and just plain loveable.
Grace
If I were to describe Grace in one word, it would be imaginative. She has an imagination that takes you to magical lands and faraway places. She believes in “pixie dust and magical toy stores” and wishes longingly to fly if only for a moment. She knows she is a true princess and is loved beyond measure (or “to the moon and back a million, trillion, bazillion times”). Grace is our little dreamer. And as much as she desperately wants to be “five forever”, I am watching her grow up before my eyes. I hate to blink for fear of missing even a moment of her love and zest for all things fun and magical.
Claira
Claira is our extremely energetic 4-year old. She is full of smiles and all things happy and wonderful! She loves to get into mischief and thinks she can do everything that her big sister can do. This fearlessness makes for lots of slips and falls, but she is so busy running around that she rarely stops to cry. She is super tough and super sweet all mixed into one adorable little girl. She is truly a little miracle to our family, and we love hearing her talking, laughing, and giggling. She brings a smile to my face just thinking about her, and just when I think I couldn't possibly love her any more, I do. What more can you say than that?
2 comments:
AHH! What a beautiful girl in that official graduation gown. That's such a darling picture. Congrats to Grace! I can't believe she'll be in Kindergarten this fall. She's so grown up!
Kindergarten, the next big step. Once they are in school time goes by even quicker. We are counting down the days to seeing you. Vacations don't come soon enough.
Post a Comment