
Tonight when I got on the computer, Matt asked me what I was going to do. I told him that I needed to blog because it had been a while since my last post. He asked me what I was going to say, and I had to admit that I didn't actually know. Our life has been pretty pathetic the past few weeks, but I think (or at least hope) that everyone has little breaks from anything and everything every now and again. We have enjoyed a few new happenings though, so I thought I would give some credit to the following noteworthy activities/achievements.
Soccer was also lots of fun, especially since some of our friends from Dublin also participated in the soccer class. It was great to see them, and I have to wonder how we can live so close, but still only see each other a few times a year at best (note to self: make a better effort to keep in touch with Dublin friends). I have to say that the 40 minutes for soccer flew by each day with friends to chat with, while the basketball class seemed to drag by, and I oftened wondered how many water breaks they could take before it would be done. Grace loved playing the "buffalo game" in soccer and soon became obsessed with buffalo (apparently Jamba Juice makes a Strawberries Wild Buffalo smoothie that is sooooo good!). She also spent a great deal of time sitting on her ball as well as trying to balance standing up on her ball. I feel as though she really took a lot away from this camp and is really ready for a much more advanced soccer class. No seriously though, it was a fun week for Grace, and I was happy that she was able to participate in a couple of sports this summer even if it was only four days worth of simplified fun and games.
Her other big thing is that she pulls herself up to everything (couches, tables, chairs, walls, steps, etc.) and has even attempted to "cruise" along the couch and let go thinking she can stand on her own already. When she's not crawling to her next destination, she is in the standing position trying to reach things that are definite "no-no's". I am quite alarmed by this turn of events because she is way too young for this move. We have already moved our coffee table out to the garage to avoid any major head injuries, but there is just no way to completely protect her from all things hard and ouchy. She has already gotten a couple of good bumps, and we know that we are only in for more with the coming weeks and months. It will be interesting to see when she walks since she is about a month a head of Grace on all of these milestones, and Grace was walking by 10 months. Oh, and not to downplay this achievement, she finally sits up by herself now too! Question: Shouldn't your child be able to do this simple task before she is crawling, standing, or attempting to walk?
Other than that, we have kept busy by doing the usual summer fun-parks, pool (Grace is a little fish, and Claira is actually loving the water now), friends, jumping off furniture, laundry (wait that isn't summer fun, but it sure keeps me busy), and just hanging out at home. We are now starting to get in to the back-to-school mode (I can't deny it any longer--school starts in less than a month). On Saturday, Grace and I went shopping for a few new clothes (like she really needed any) for kindergarten. We went to lunch and just had a very fun day together, plus Grace got some really cute new clothes for school. Anyways, that is the jist of our life for now. Summer is almost over, and there are still so many things on our list of things to do. Hopefully we can still squeeze a couple of fun activities in to the few remaining weekends before school starts. We shall see!
Wow for not having anything to say, I sure said a lot!
4 comments:
Claira is so cute crawling around. Yea you would think they would learn to sit up before crawling but from my experience that doesn't happen. Elena crawled at 5 months and didn't sit up until after that. She will be walking in no time. Elena's first steps were at 8 months and was totally walking at 9. Is Grace excited for Kindergarten? Noah thinks it is just going to go away if we don't talk about it. Her jumping off the couch is hilarious.
Awww I loved this post, Alicia! I'm glad you stopped to write and give updates on the girls. Your girls are just beautiful, and I can't believe Grace is starting school in less than a month! Ah!
Take care!
You guys have been through it in the health department! It was so great to see you last week and catch up...and finally meet Claira. Lucy keeps asking when she'll see Grace again. Hopefully soon!
Glad you are all feeling better! I always enjoy the mundane "every day event" posts... cuz that how life really is, huh? Your girls are just beautiful and I still can't get over Grace's gorgeous hair!
Post a Comment