Grace enjoyed riding a pony for the first time ever and experiencing some carnival rides such as the bumpy slide, a dragon roller coaster, and the hot-air balloon ride. When the heat really started to become unbearable, Matt and his dad stayed behind to enjoy some of the shows while the rest of us went back to Matt's parents' house to swim and cool off. What a fun weekend!
On Friday night, we went to the Primary Children's Arts Festival. Grace displayed two pieces of artwork, but was disappointed that she hadn't chosen to perform. I don't think she really understood what I meant when I asked her if she wanted to sing, dance, or do artwork. I know I am biased, but I thought her artwork was awesome. She chose to use two different art mediums-paint and crayons. She painted a family tree then put pictures on it to look like apples. She also drew and colored a magic garden, which was fabulous. The next day she wrote and illustrated a three-page story that went along with her magic garden picture. All three pieces are absolute treasures that we will save for forever!

Our final summer fun was going to a Giants game with our friends Heidi and Brad. (Hey Heidi, could you e-mail me that picture of us?) We left the kids with babysitters (Yes, you read that correctly. Matt & I got a babysitter, and the girls survived without us for FIVE hours straight!) It was a gorgeous day in San Francisco, and the perfect weather for a ballgame. The Giants won, we enjoyed time with friends, and the girls survived and had fun at Heidi and Brad's house-what more could we ask for than that? I think this was my much-needed cue that it is okay for me to leave my children with a sitter to spend some quality time with my hubby.
So it is now Sunday evening, and I am preparing myself mentally, physically, and emotionally for the start of kindergarten tomorrow. Grace is super excited to make new friends, and I know she is ready for school, but I can't help but tear up when I think of her going to kindergarten. I know she will love it, and I can't wait to share her first day of school photos tomorrow. For bedtime we read the story The Night Before Kindergarten. It is one of several stories written to mimic the classic The Night Before Christmas. It is such a cute story, and Grace loved it. I am quite sure that the last few lines from the story will be the scene tomorrow as we get to go spend a little time with Grace in her classroom before they send us away.
2 comments:
Totally cute pictures of the girls. Kindergarten IS cool! We read that book to Noah too and another one named Kindergarten Rocks! Good luck not bawling your eyes out. I did with Elena and even got choked up with Noah this morning.
What a fun week! Good times! The only time I've been to the CA state fair, it was something like 105 too...hot, but fun. Last time we were home visiting family we went to Chabot and had a fantastic time. I loved it because it had stuff to entertain all 4 of my kids from 13 to 3... not a feat easily accomplished! Ah, the SF Giants... we miss them and going to a game here when they come just isn't the same as Pac Bell park (or whatever it's called now...) Your post is making me homesick! :)
Post a Comment