Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day Jitters???

Nope. Grace was thrilled to start school again, and the first grade no less. I missed the first day of school for many years because I made myself sick with nerves. With Grace there were no jitters to be seen. In fact, we were almost late for her first day (because I had to park about a mile from the school and book it with the kids in the stroller to make it just in time for her class to head off the blacktop into the classroom), and even with all that drama Grace jumped off the stroller, blew me a quick kiss and said "Bye mom!" I almost didn't have a chance to tear up--almost. I didn't actually cry, but her independence and excitement just made me think "wow, she's growing up even though neither of us wants her to". So now this means getting up by 7 a.m. to make breakfast and lunch, get teeth brushed, kids dressed, hair combed, and out the door by 8:05 to be to school on time. Let me tell you--the whole if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger thing does not apply. This schedule will most likely kill me--I'll let you know.

Before

After

P.S. After school, we got Grace's hair cut. I changed my request for 5 inches off to 3 inches when I realized how short it would be if we took off 5 inches. So apparently the hairstylist decided to compromise by cutting off 7 inches. WHAT?!?! Luckily, Grace loves it. She even prayed the first night that her hair would stay like this for a long time--well, with as short as it is, I am pretty sure it will. It's super cute though, and healthy as can be.

Oh, and I have to add this picture of Claira just because. Seriously, this kid cracks me up. Grace calls this her Shrek picture. I can't get her to stop sticking Q-tips in her ears. She's killing me!

5 comments:

Fausett Family said...

I've been wondering how the first day of school was? I like Grace's new haircut. How do like having all day freedom with only one kid?

Legoland and Sea world look so fun.
We are planning on going to Legoland next year. Rex loved the pictures, especially of the dragon. Noah and Rex are super excited to go.

Jamie said...

I love the new haircut Grace!
Be-u-ti-ful!

Jimmy and Katie said...

oh my gosh! that last picture made me laugh so hard! your girls are real beauties!

Jen Baxter said...

What cute kids! Grace's hair is adorable. I love it!

Leisa Waldron said...

Haha...Claira. She cracks me up.