Thursday, August 20, 2009

Say it ain't so...

We just returned from our fun-filled trip to San Diego. The end of our trip really marks the end of summer vacation. I can't believe school starts again in just a few short days. I feel like the summer has flown by, and I am glad that we saved our vacationing until the very end (mostly because Matt had finally acquired 3 vacation days by mid-August, but the timing couldn't have been better). Our days in San Diego were filled with Legoland, the beach, Sea World, friends, and more of the beach. It was perfect--oh, except for when Claira kicked off one of her brand-new Crocs at Sea World. We searched our path to the Shamu show from the Sesame Street Playland many times over, and I even called Lost & Found but to no avail. I can't bring myself to get rid of the mate yet. I haven't given up hope that the other shoe will magically reappear--I guess this must have been how Cinderella felt after losing her glass slipper at the ball--or not because she didn't actually have to pay for her shoes.

We felt right at home looking at San Francisco made out of legos.

She was all smiles until the ride started bouncing up and down and going around.

You would think we were at Sea World considering the dolphin, but this was a Legoland creation.

The closest thing to seeing the Eiffel Tower Grace is going to get in a long time. She thinks it would be a good idea to take her to Paris for her 8th birthday--I think not.

The closest we get to family photos--mommy and the girls then daddy and the girls.

Grace brought so much luggage. I am dreading the teenage years
(if they ever come since she is still going to be 5 forever).


A parasol is a must on any vacation.
I think the girls may have been content to play on the spinny chair in our hotel room.


Sisters--need I say more?

What's a trip to the beach without getting buried in the sand? Of course the sand gets in every unmentionable place you can think of, but it was worth it.

Can you say Baywatch?

See--I am on this vacation too.

Grace & I were building a sand castle, then Claira came and wrecked the whole thing. Instead of getting mad, Grace said "That's a great idea Claira. Let's make a sand mountain!" She is such a good big sister.

Ahhhh...a family photo.

The walrus was HUGE and kind of gross.

Coooold!!!

This was shortly before the lost croc.

Claira loved the whale and dolphin shows.

Grace thought most of the rides were "Totally AWESOME!--except Journey to Atlantis.

The San Diego Temple was incredible.

Grace knows the best way to end the torture is to sit still and smile the first time.
If only Claira would learn that lesson soon.


Grace is getting pretty good with the camera.

The first day at the beach, Grace was a little timid and held Matt's hand most of the time while in the water. But give her a boogie board and her best friend Hailey, and she becomes a little surfer girl. NO FEAR!

Doritos, sand, and a 1-year old just don't mix.

1 comment:

Jen Baxter said...

I just love, love, love San Diego. We had a chance to go the last two years and there is so much fun stuff to do. Looks like you had a blast! Boo! I guess this really does mean summer is over. :(