Every once in a while, Grace feels like she needs to confess all of her wrongdoings to me. She will tell me little things that she has done wrong with all the flair and drama she can muster--she evens manages to squeeze a few tears out with the really bad confessions. It is often difficult for me to keep a straight face during these confessions, and this time was no exception. This one is one of the best yet...
Grace came to me with that look of guilt written all over her face, and I knew she was about to confess a wrongdoing...
"I said, Meanie, meanie coco leanie hanging on a ugly wu-wu-wu-weenie." (she whispered weenie with complete and utter shame in her voice)
I had to try my hardest not to laugh. I then discussed with her that we shouldn't use words that refer to private parts of the body. So maybe we shouldn't say that any more.
The next morning before school she added to the confession--admitting that she had left the last part off.
"I didn't tell you the last part...After the bad word I said "that pees on your head."
This time I laughed and asked "Do you even know what a weenie is?"
With shame she admitted "Yes, it's a boy's bum-bum."
Oh my! That's a doozy!
No comments:
Post a Comment