It has taken us a while to get around to teaching Grace how to ride her bike without training wheels. Matt tried a couple of times last summer, but she just wasn't ready yet. Then this winter has been so rainy and cold that it hasn't really been possible to dedicate a Saturday to the bike riding venture. A couple of weeks ago, it was cold, but clear for the earlier part of the day so we decided the time was right. We headed over to the school playground to teach Grace to ride her bike. We prepped Grace for the fact that daddy was actually going to let go this time to allow her to go fast enough to stay upright and in balance. She was a little worried but excited to learn. She got on the bike and after a secondary push to get her started, Matt simply let go, and Grace just took off. I didn't even have my camera out for the first attempt because I thought it would not be necessary. She was just ready and there was no training necessary. It is such a relief not having to feel guilty over not taking the time to teach her now. Way to go Grace!
Of course Claira had to show us her moves on her scooter and take a turn on the bike. We also spent some time playing on the playground equipment. What was I thinking when I decided to show Grace how mommy could skip bars on the monkey bars? Does anybody remember that whole neck and shoulder pain thing I have been complaining about for the past year? Yep! It was definitely a bad idea and one I paid for dearly, but Grace was pretty impressed with my monkey bar skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment