Matt is not the primary person in this photo-that is some woman I don't know who, in her aparent hurry to finish the race, ran right in front of my camera while I was trying to photograph Matt in action.
Grace and I made it over to the race in time to see him cross the finish line. I tried to get him to slow down before he crossed the finish line so I could get a decent picture set up, but I guess he wanted to finish strong. Grace cheered him to the end yelling "Go Daddy Go!" and "You can do it!" He ended up placing 2nd out of 3 in his age group :) and 10th overall in the 5k. He had fun and did great! Best of all, he is planning on signing up for another race somewhere in the near future, and this time his plan is to ease into the 1/2 marathon by running a 10k next rather than starting with the killer! Just keep running Matt!
By the way, Matt saw me typing this post and thought that the title was in reference to a movie entitled "Run Fat Boy Run". I didn't even know such a movie existed until now. I entitled this post based on the much more familiar movie "Forest Gump" (a movie that I dislike probably as much as I would dislike "Run Fat Boy Run"). Just thought I would clarify this point so that nobody else thinks that I am inadvertently calling Matt fat.
5 comments:
Looking good Matt. Before you know it you will be in that big marathon. I am running my 4th 5k in 2 weeks. 3.2 miles isn't that bad. I don't think I will be advancing onto 10k's and marathons. Alicia when are you going to join him?
Hey there...I want pics of you running uphill pushing a stroller with two cute girls in it! Your own little race...at least that's the word on the street! I love you, and love the updates! Wish I could figure out what's going on with our computer so I could actually post some pics! Oh, well. Love, me
Go Matt!
I am glad we didn't see a picture of you following after him on your bike with the girls in a mini- carrier. (Just like King of Queens with Kerry and Doug Heffernen) Good job Matt... I am so proud of you... especially because you got a t-shirt!!
Matt...it all starts somewhere. Looking good for someone with two kids in tow, a 40+ hour work week, and a family waiting for lunch. Just be patient...before you know it...you'll be running 10K's, Half's, and the 26.2mi fun run. Remember, we aren't as young as we use to be.
Post a Comment