Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gourmet Chef?!?

Last night was one of those nights where I didn't really feel like fixing dinner, but I did it anyway because we needed to eat right? Well, after very small amount of time slaving away in the kitchen, I placed a plate in front of Grace. She quickly tasted the meal and started raving about how good it was. Comments included things like "You should make this all the time!", "I don't know what I like best!" (if forced to choose from the three things on her plate), "Mmmmm....so good!", "Mom, how did you learn to make this?" Needless to say I was feeling pretty good. You would have thought it was a gourmet meal based on the commentary from Grace, but alas this is what I served:

Frozen, breaded chicken patties (gussied up with a slice of ham and swiss cheese)
Pasta Roni--Angel hair pasta with Herbs (it sounds even fancier than it is)
and Green beans (canned no less)

I guess Grace doesn't have the most refined palate, but hey it worked for me!

No comments: