Friday, May 29, 2009

What was I thinking?!?

So last year at the end of the summer season, I saw some pajamas on clearance at Target for about $5 each. I bought a couple of nightgowns--thinking I'd just scored on some pjs for the following year. I have never been one to wear nightgowns, but I thought about how comfortable and free Grace looks when she is wearing a nightgown in the warm summer months and how Claira looks like a little angel running around in a nightgown down to the floor. And I thought that perhaps wearing a nightgown would be--how shall I put this???--modestly sexy. I brought the pajamas home, washed them, and put them away for use this summer without ever bothering to try them on.

Over the past few days, summer weather has returned to the Bay Area. I was uncomfortably hot the other night, so I pulled out one of the nightgowns that I had purchased last year and put it on. All thoughts of sexy were quickly diminished when I looked in the mirror and saw this...


There is nothing sexy about this hospital gown/moo-moo. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought those nightgowns. I knew it was bad when I expressed my distaste for them to Matt--secretly hoping he might say something like "you look sexy no matter what you are wearing", but instead he said "It doesn't really matter what you look like because whose going to see you in it other than me and the girls?" Well, now everyone who reads my blog is seeing me in the unsexy, but very modest nightgown that makes me feel more like a grandma waiting for surgery than a 31-year hot mama. Anyways, just thought I'd share--if anybody cares.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, you ARE sexy!!!!

Balcena Family said...

I'm crying because I'm laughing sooo hard. As soon as I saw your photo...I thought, "When did she have surgery?" Thanks for making my night. Did I mention that I split my pants at work the other day? (From the back waistband, under and down to my knee...) Talk about a good laugh! Now we're even! Love you! Love, me

Fausett Family said...

That's hilarious!! I have a nightgown I bought for the same reason and it is the most unflattering thing I own.